Experts in horsemanship and husbandry are the cornerstone of growth and development within the equine industry. It takes a profound set of skills to be an equine professional, and even more to be able to practice your specialty with a focus on Relationship-Based Horsemanship.
The IHA wishes to recognize the skills and aptitudes of these individuals and provide them with a wide range of benefits to help them market their business, grow their client base, and improve their personal horsemanship.
is on its way!
Our Recommended Professionals program assesses all applicants to a minimum level of the Grades of Horsemanship pathway.
A complete Certified Professionals program is currently under development and will become available in 2020.
Our commitment to supporting equine professionals starts with our exciting list of benefits. Running a business is hard, especially in the horse industry; we're here to provide the support, community, and platform to help you promote your skills and business, all from home.
Why Become a Recommended Professional?
Apply the Grades of Horsemanship pathway to your daily operations — create a teaching curriculum, keep track of your client horses' progress, or evaluate your employees' skills.
Take advantage of our numerous marketing opportunities, including a customizable profile in the Professionals Directory, publication in our magazine, and more.
Take it Online
Create and sell instructional videos, courses, and other online content with our Learning Management System*. Our members — your audience — are ready to learn from you!
*Available to Recommended Instructors,
Trainers, and Practitioners only.
The IHA's Recommended Professionals initiative is about promoting you, your business, and your skills. We want to celebrate your uniqueness, not overshadow you with our own brand. We're here to better the lives of horses — by lifting up the people who make it their business to do the same.
IHA’s Commitment to You
- Foster a collaborative, supportive community of Horsemanship Professionals
- Advertise and celebrate your unique, professional brand
- Help you grow your business
- Highlight your strengths and accomplishments
- Provide an outlet for your creativity and excellent horsemanship
- Validate your horsemanship and teaching skills
- Share with you a set of standards, tests, and a non-copyrighted language to use for your business if you so desire
- Lobby for benefits such as reduced liability and equine insurance